You can now easily pick the best car insurance plan and secure your vehicle in the long run. There are many companies offering very good plans and you can get the suitable one for your car. All you need is some patience while searching for the suitable option. In this article, you can get to know the important features of the top car insurance companies in India and you can consider choosing them for your vehicle. In this way, you can rest assured that you will be able to have a comfortable driving experience without any hassles in future. It is a good idea to buy car insurance online as this will help you to save some money. Most of the service providers offer this option and you will get good discounts in this manner apart from saving lots of time spent on the process. You can even renew the plans in this way in future and this means that you will have more options to choose from as you need not have to pick the company that is close to your location. With the online option, you can choose any service provider of your choice without worrying about geographical parameters. This is the best option for many people as they may not find a suitable service provider in their locality.
Best trending car insurance plans in 2018
New India Assurance Company
- This is undoubtedly one of the best car insurance companies in India as it is operated by the Government of India. In this regard, they are more service oriented when compared to other private operators in the market.
- The company offers good third party coverage plans at low rates and you can even get better enhanced coverage by choosing the comprehensive plans.
- You can get good discounts with no claim bonus and they are very flexible when it comes to clearing claims in the long run.
- The third party cover offered under the policy is 7.5 lakhs.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Company
- The company has a wide network of more than 4000 network garages across India and you can even get service at any preferred garage of your choice.
- Apart from personal accident cover for accidental death, coverage is even given for permanent disability due to accident.
- Various discounts are available for no claim bonus and voluntary deductibles. You can even get better deals when you buy car insurance online and get some safety gadgets like anti-theft devices installed in your vehicle.
- Different add-on plans are available and you can select them based on your individual needs.
Bharti Axa Car Insurance Company
- The good thing about the company is that it offers cashless claims in more than 2400 network garages and they are spread all over the country.
- You can even get the best support during accident situation from the customer support team as they have a dedicated team for such cases.
- When it comes to discounts and other offers, they offer the best plans and you can easily trust them as they are amongst the best car insurance companies in India. You can even get discounts based on your age and profession.
- Apart from the regular third party and comprehensive options, you can even get personal accident cover till the limit of 1 lakh per person.
- When you have no claim bonus for consecutive years, you can reduce the premium by even 50% in most cases.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Company
- The company has a good network of garages and you can get cashless service in more than 3000 garages.
- You can get a dedicated customer support team to help you during emergency situation and this will be of great help during accident situation.
- The company even provides various discounts for consumers and you can certainly reduce the premium by choosing a higher voluntary deductible. Apart from that, discounts are even offered for no claim bonus.
- Apart from the regular third party cover, you can even get various add-on covers like zero depreciation cover and personal accident cover.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Company
- You can get cashless service at more than 3000 network garages all over the country. It also has provision to get service from non-network garages.
- You can get good discounts with no claim bonus and this is one of the best car insurance companies with regards to good customer service.
- The company even offers personal accident cover and it is extended to permanent disability due to accident.
- You can choose to add different covers like zero depreciation cover and roadside assistance cover along with the comprehensive plans.
- However, regular wear and tear is not covered and you need to pay for general maintenance of the vehicle from your pocket.
Why should you buy car insurance online?
- There are many benefits of shopping online for your car insurance policy. The first advantage is that you can save time and complete the process from any location.
- In some cases, you may not be available in your hometown at the time of buying or renewing the insurance policy. However, when you choose to do it online, you need not worry and complete the process from any place.
- Other than that, when you buy car insurance online, you can compare different plans without having to visit the office of each insurance company. This helps you to understand the features of various plans and you can select the best option suited for your car.
- Once you submit the basic details about your car and your personal details, you can get free quotes online from various sources. This will be sent to your email address and you can go through the plans in a detailed manner.
- After this is done, you can choose any plan and make the payment for the plan using your online banking account or credit card. In this way, you will be able to complete all the required process online without any hassles.
- The company will process all the documents and send the policy document to your email address. The same procedure can be followed at the time of renewal of your car insurance policy.
Factors to consider while choosing the best car insurance company
- The age and condition of your car matters a lot when it comes to choosing the type of insurance cover needed for your vehicle.
- If your car is older than 8 years, it would have lost more than half of its market value and it makes sense to choose inexpensive third party cover in that situation. You should also consider the market value of the vehicle in this situation.
- In the same manner, when your car is still new or very expensive, it makes sense to choose the comprehensive coverage that offers better protection in future.
- You can also choose to buy car insurance online from reputed companies as this saves time and money in the long run. Choosing to buy it from the branch office may cost more than the online plans.
- Make sure to check the claims settlement ratio of the service provider before you buy the insurance cover. This indicates how much percentage of claims they have settled in the past. You can get this information from reputed online portals.
- If you are using your vehicle for long distance travel, it makes sense to add additional covers that will enhance the regular cover offered for the car. Even though it costs extra, you will be safeguarding yourself from lots of trouble in future.
Tips to save money on car insurance premium
- Avoid making claims for small damages as this will increase the premium on your next renewal.
- The best car insurance companies often offer good discounts for no claim bonus and this can be carried for many years.
- Choose third party coverage that is very inexpensive for older vehicles and comprehensive coverage only for new and expensive cars.
- Choose online mode of buying car insurance as this saves both time as well as money. You can get discounts when you buy the policy online.
- Always compare the plans from multiple companies so that you can choose the best deal at low rates.
- Get free quotes from online portals before you buy the car insurance policy.
Follow the simple guidelines given in this article while choosing the best car insurance companies for your vehicle. You can consider the plans mentioned in this article or the ones suggested by your insurance advisor for securing your car. Getting comprehensive coverage will offer additional protection even though it is costly when compared to third party plans. You can even choose to add-on various covers to increase the protection for your car. However, you should understand that it comes at additional cost and you need to choose them carefully after understanding their features. It always makes sense to deal with reputed service providers as they are well known for their customer service and in future, you will not have any problems when it comes to making claims for the damage done to your vehicle.
You may also like: